Sun City Commits To National Clean-up Weekon August 29, 2011
Sun City Resort is committed to preserving the environment for future generations, which is why this year’s National Clean-up Week (12 -17 September) is being added to Sun City’s Enviro Calendar. Through National Clean-up Week, Sun City aims to encourage its employees to reduce, reuse and recycle their waste.
This year, National Clean-up Week coincides with International Coastal Clean-up Campaign giving Sun City employees and South Africans alike the perfect opportunity to become self-aware the of waste they produce. Approximately 80% of marine pollution originates from land based sources; this means that even if the nearest beach to you is Sun City’s Valley of Waves it’s important to reduce, reuse and recycle your waste to avoid it entering our rivers and ultimately our oceans.
Here are some easy tips to help you reduce, reuse and recycle your waste:
- Buy in bulk to reduce packaging
- Use reusable or returnable containers when grabbing that cup of coffee or quick lunch
- Use cloth dishtowels and napkins instead of paper ones
- Wash and dry plastic bags before reusing them
- Staple together offices paper that has only been used on one side and use the other for scrap paper
- Have different bins for different types of waste
- Drop of your recycling at either a recycling plant or recycling bins available at some shopping centres
- Buy goods which are made from recycled materials